We are looking for an experienced individual to become our new Chair of Trustees.
CHAS is going through a period of sustainable growth, to meet the increasing demand for housing and homelessness advice. This position offers the opportunity to take a leading role in an organisation at an exciting time of its development.
The successful candidate will join an established board of eight Trustees that have a broad range of skills and expertise. We are a small but growing charity, currently with 5 members of staff, 3 of whom work in our advice service. Trustees are encouraged to take on a “hands-on” role in the running of the charity.
The Chair of CHAS is responsible for holding the Board to account for the charity’s mission and vision, providing effective strategic leadership and management to the Board of Trustees, enabling them to fulfil their responsibilities for the overall governance and strategic direction of the charity. The Chair will also support, and, where appropriate, supervise the staff management team to achieve agreed objectives.
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You are an experienced leader
- You can Chair our monthly board meetings and offer additional time between meetings to support the running and development of the charity.
- You can support CHAS (Bristol) to achieve its goals and ensure the charity functions within its legal and financial requirements.
We can offer you… –
- The chance to be part of a charity at an exciting time in its development.
- The chance to have a big impact. The board are essential to ensuring that CHAS remains healthy and sustainable.
- The opportunity to make a difference to homelessness issues in Bristol.
- Experience of being on a board of Trustees, with training and development opportunities.
- Reasonable expenses.
Further details of the role are in the attached Chair Role Description.
Closing Date: 15 March 2019
How to Apply: If you are interested in applying, please complete the Application Form and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Person: Lucy Fairbrother, acting Chair of Trustees
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 01179351260